Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Crockpot chicken

Well - I have really been slacking on my blogging and mostly my cooking!  Since it is just Paul and myself I haven't made much to eat.  (frozen pizza's, burgers on the grill and meals that I have already frozen).  And we don't need desserts or treats!

I also haven't made many pinterest meals!  I know what is wrong with me!  This will be hard to believe but I have hardly even been on pinterest since Kiefer left for boot camp.  I have been spending my time writing to Kiefer on a daily basis, writing to his friends he has mentioned and to all the recruits listed that aren't getting mail.  I also spend too much time on navyformoms.com and my navy family facebook pages.  Wow - it will be nice to have him done with bootcamp!  I am still going to continue to write to people at bootcamp that aren't getting letters. but will also do more cooking!


On 1.11.13 I wanted to make several recipes in my to make - poultry but... didn't have milk, mayo or ranch dressing!  So I settled for Crock pot Chicken.  I need a new name for this.  haha

4 chicken breasts
Half can of cherry coke 
Bottle of BBQ sauce 
1/2 Cup brown sugar

Place it in the crock pot on low for about 5 hours. An hour before serving, take the chicken out and shredded it with a fork, put the chicken back into the crock pot with the sauce until ready to serve.  You can serve this over rice or noodles or maybe even a bun!

No comments:

Post a Comment