Thursday, December 6, 2012

Vegas Bomb Cuppy Cakes

Oh, goodness!  Mom has definitely be on a roll with the baking goods and delicious looking dinners!  Most of my dinners consist of pasta, eggs and toast, meals from the freezer Mom and I've made, eggs and toast, maybe some more pasta... and if I'm lucky, Matt cooks while I study!

But tonight, I've managed to bake again!  Granted, I have been studying between the baked times and set times for my final next week..  This baking project is based off of one of our (Matt, Quin, Brent, myself, and many others) favorite "bomb": peach schnapps, crown royal, and Red Bull!  Matt introduced us to this deliciousness a while back, and Quin helped me solidify my approach to creating a masterpiece cuppy cake!

Fellow students overheard our conversation, so I am told I have to bring some to class tomorrow..  However, the real purpose of the cuppy cakes is for my surprising Kiefer at his going away party!!!  As stated: its a surprise!!  Shush!!

I will comment back once these delicacies have been tasted.

Vegas Bomb Cuppy Cakes

Cake Batter Ingredients:
     White cake batter (store bought) with water substituted with reduced Red Bull

Cake Batter How To:
     1.   Bring Red Bull to a boil then reduce heat to simmer for about 30 minutes.
     2.   Mix cake batter as per directions.
     3.   Bake cake as per directions.
     4.   Let cool.
     5.  Poke with toothpick many times for next step!

Peach Schnapps Filling Ingredients:
     Peach Jello
     Peach Schnapps
   
Peach Schnapps Filling How To:
     1.   Mix Jello as per directions, substituting cold water with Peach Schnapps.
     2.   Pour over cooled cuppy cakes (it will make a mess, so I put a cookie sheet under my cuppy cakes!)
     3.   Let firm up in the fridge.

Crown Whipped Frosting Ingredients:
     1 C whipping cream
     1 Tbsp Crown Royal (I used about three...  I wanted more flavor!  And more alcohol!)
     3 Tbsp powdered sugar (I used four)

Crown Whipped Frosting How To:
     1.   Whip whipping cream until cream whippy.
     2.   Add powdered sugar and Crown Royal and whip again.
     3.   Apply to top of cuppy cakes once Peach Schnapps is firm.

Cross fingers and hope it tastes good!

No comments:

Post a Comment