Saturday, November 10, 2012

Cheese Muffins with Garlic Butter Glaze

Oh do I like my Bread.  Today we planned to have soup - Wild Rice Soup and Pizza Soup!  Both were frozen in a seal a meal bag and were in the freezer just waiting for a cold, rainy, windy day!  Someday when I make new batches of the soup - I will post them.  But you can't have soup with out Bread.  So I went to my pinterest board (Recipes to Try - Bread).  Cheese Garlic Muffins looked like they would go well with soup!  :)
 
Cheese Muffins with Garlic Butter Glaze
Ingredients:
Muffins:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups shredded colby-jack cheese (I used Cheddar Cheese)
1 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter
 
Butter Glaze:
1/2 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon dried parsley

Instructions:
For the muffins:
Whisk together dry ingredients, then stir in cheese.
In a separate bowl, whisk egg, milk, and butter together. Pour milk mixture into dry ingredients and stir with a spoon to combine.
Bake in greased muffin tins at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Make sure they are cooked all the way and not doughy. Best when eaten warm!
For the Butter Glaze:  Combine ingredients and brush it over the warm rolls with a pastry brush.
I cut the recipe in half (hard to cut a egg in half but I did it).  The Glaze recipe I cut into a quarter)

No comments:

Post a Comment