Friday, September 14, 2012

Thanks for visiting our Blog!

My name is Pam .... The P in the title.  Sannie's Mom!  I love to cook but I am not the writer like Sannie is.  She has a way with her words.  :)  

Cooking runs in our family back to my Grandma Hart who was a baker, chef at a camp, restaurant owner, etc.  Grandma Hill also loved to bake and made many great things that she shared with us.  

While growing up I/we used to make 20 plus different types of Christmas cookies/bars every year.  Which I carried on to my adult life.  Where we (Sannie and myself) make many many types of cookies, bars and fudge.  Paul and Kiefer are enlisted to help in the stirring of fudge.  We also make lefse every year (mostly to share).  

We hope you enjoy our blog and our recipes.  

Tonight I tried a new recipe out on Paul and Kiefer.  It was Pizza Bake.  I normally make a pizza bake with crescent rolls which is delicious but thought I'd give this a try.  Everyone prefers the crescent roll recipe better.  

Pizza Bake
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 lb Italian sausage 
  • 1 med onion, chopped ** 
  • 1 bell pepper, chopped **
  • 15 ounce jar pizza sauce
  • 1/2 C Parmesan 
  • 8 ounce mozzarella
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • dash black pepper
  • 1 C flour
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 T oil
  • 1/2 tsp garlic salt
  • 1/4 cup fresh oregano* (I used 1 T of Oregano and 1 T of basil)

    **
    **(I omit peppers and onions because I am picky and use onion salt instead)

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350. Brown hamburger, sausage, onion, and bell pepper. Drain well. Add garlic salt and oregano (or Italian Seasoning). Add pizza sauce. Stir well. Grease a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle mozzarella over bottom of it. Spread meat mixture over the cheese. In mixing bowl, add eggs, milk, flour, oil, and salt. Pour over meat in pan. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over batter. Bake 30 minutes.

I think I like Sannie's recipe for Chicken Tator Tot Dish better.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment