Friday, September 28, 2012

I love fall.. Apples for everyone!

As I was getting ready for lab this morning, my email pinged.. I didn't have to be in to the lab for another two hours! So, with time on my hands, I decided to start cleaning.. Mom and Dad are headed down tonight!

I found myself staring at a drawer of apples picked from the apple trees back home, and I remember a recipe I had had my eyes on for a while.. Applesauce!

Crockpot, check! Apples, check!! Cinnamon and brown sugar, check!!! Peeling the apples.. No check.. (Mom knows from experience, I am the slowest peeler. Ever.) Well, I bucked up and peeled the buggers, chucked them in the pot, generously added cinnamon and brown sugar, and turned on the pot as I walked out the door.

Four hours later, I opened the door to the wonderful aroma of warm apples and immediately was sidetracked to the pot for a taste test (yes, I still had my backpack on). Of course I had to brag about the deliciousness that was in my kitchen to Matt, who begged for a sample. So, once it was cool enough, I put some in a container and ate the rest myself! (Sorry Mom and Dad, I'll just have to make more!)

Applesauce
Ingredients:
Apples, peeled and diced
Cinnamon
Brown sugar

How to:
1. Put your diced and peeled apples in the crock pot (I used my 1.5 quart, about seven small apples)
2. Add some cinnamon (I generously added it)
3. Add some brown sugar (again, I added a generous amount)
4. Turn pot on low for about four hours for small pot
5. Enjoy!

I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment