Tuesday, October 2, 2012

English Muffin Bread

Quite a while ago I was doing the usual - surfing on Pinterest for ideas and recipes. (there are so many to try!)

I found recipe for English Muffin Bread.  It is easy, quick and delicious!  I have made several batches of this bread (sometimes I cut the batch in half so I only have 2 loaves).  But with our journey to Ames, IA, I made the full batch so we could take 2 loaves to Sannie!  We left 2 loaves home with Kiefer and surprisingly they weren't gone when we returned home.  If you have a few hours - give this bread a try!

English Muffin Bread
5 1/2 cups warm water
3 packages RAPID RISE yeast (You can use regular yeast from Sam's Club, but you will need to let is rise TWICE. Once in the bowl, until it reaches the top…and then again in the pans, until it reaches the top. With the RAPID RISE you only need to let it rise once in the pans.)2 Tablespoons salt
3 Tablespoons sugar
11 cups flour (I used All Purpose)
Mix altogether, then spoon into (4) well greased loaf pans.  Let rise in pans until dough reaches the top of the pans, and bake in 350 degree oven for 35 minutes or until golden brown remove from the oven and brush with melted butter then bake 10 additional minutes. (adjust length by the temperature of your oven) Makes 4 loaves. Bread will be moist at first. You are supposed to allow to COOL COMPLETELY before cutting (but I never can wait that long).  Makes terrific toast.  The loaves freeze well! 

(My dough got a little out of hand but it was still good!  I forgot to take a picture of the bread after it was done!  Next time)

No comments:

Post a Comment