Saturday, October 27, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Dip

In the New York Style Cheesecake recipe, it calls for one three ounce package of cream cheese..  I buy three eight ounce cream cheese packages and try to find a recipe for the last five ounces.  Today, I stumbled upon a Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe in Mom's cookbook.  I've been craving buffalo chicken, so I plowed right on ahead and made it!

Buffalo Chicken Dip
Ingredients (I made one fourth the recipe):
     4 chicken breasts, cooked and diced (shredded would have been ideal)
     2 8 oz packages cream cheese
     1 C ranch dressing
     1/2 cup hot sauce (I had on hand spicey taco sauce)
     2 C Colbyjack cheese

How to:
     1.   Blend cream cheese, ranch and hot sauce together.
     2.   I then added cheese to the mixture, and mixed it in real well.
     3.   I had cheesecake in the oven and was too lazy to transfer everything to a crockpot, so I threw the mixture into the fry pan with the chicken until the cheese was melted and the dip creamy and hot.
     4.   Chow down on dip with chips, crackers, celery, whatever!  I had big bag chips on hand.. NUM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment