Friday, October 12, 2012

Pork Chops O'Brien

Yah.... another successful recipe (altered)!  Both Paul and Kiefer said I could make it again.  I liked it too!  :)  Tonight I went to Sam's after work and bought a very large pork loin.  I bought it because I have a few recipes in mind using the pork loin.  With a few extra hours before Paul got home from a conference I decided on yet again another Pinterest Recipe.  I cut 5 chops off the end of the loin and then cut the rest into 3 large chunks.  But of course cutting up the loin wouldn't go with a problem.  While cutting the fat off, the knife slipped and I cut my finger.  Well - when you take an aspirin a day it takes forever for the bleeding to quit so a few band aids later it finally quit and I was able finish cutting up the loin.

Pork Chops O'Brien Recipe (Altered!)
6 pork loin chops about 1/2 inch thick
2 cups cream based soup
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon butter
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
24 oz frozen hash browns
seasoning salt

Over medium high heat, brown the pork chops and set aside.
In a medium sized bowl combine the soup, sour cream, butter, pepper, 1 cup cheese.  Fold mixture into the potatoes.  Spread mixture in a lightly greased 9 x 13 dish.  Arrange pork chops on top and sprinkle them with seasoning salt.  Cover with foil and bake 350 degrees 45 minutes or until the pork is tender.  Remove cover.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Return to oven uncovered 5-10 minutes more or until the cheese is melted.

Original recipe
1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of mushroom soup versus the 2 cups cream based soup (I don't like cream of anything soups!  So I use a cream base by Watkins!)
1 1/2 french fried onions (1/2 cup mixed in with the potato mixture and 1 cup to put on top with cheese)!  But because I don't like onions of any type!  There were won't be onions in anything I will eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment