Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Turkey Sandwich

These sandwiches were started by Paul one evening he was cooking supper (he was using BBQ'd Pork).  They are so good that we have shared them with many.  (Mary Ann, Kelsey, Kim S. and I am sure we will share many more)! 

First you need to cook your turkey.  In preparation for my parents 50th Wedding Anniversary I needed to cook turkeys.  Since the summer was so warm and we don't have air conditioning I decided to try cooking the turkey in the crockpot!  It worked great.  I was able to cook 2 turkey breasts at a time, then let them cool and shred.  (I am extra careful when I shred any type of meat because I don't want one speck of fat in the shredded meat - yes I am picky!)  A few of the turkey breasts came with a packet of gravy in them and if it didn't I made up a batch of Poutry Gravy using the mix from Sam's Club.  Personally I like the kind that came in the bird.  Add the gravy to the turkey, mix and heat.  (then freeze if it will be for a later time). 

I know - get to the instructions for the sandwiches already!

Take English Muffin Bread slices and butter them.  Then toast in the oven (we have a toast mode) but if you don't toast in the toaster and then butter.  Put bread on a sheet of foil (less to clean up later).  Spread shredded turkey on the bread and cover with your favorite cheese (Mine is sharp cheddar, Paul's is swiss and Sannie and Kiefer's is American).  Place pan in the oven and broil until the cheese starts to brown and bubble slightly.  Enjoy. 

Variations are BBQ'd Pork, BBQ'd Beef or Pork or Beef without the BBQ sauce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment